Friday, January 14, 2011

Mughalsaria to NJP

Let me first introduce two of us who are accompanying Tenzin Namgyal Tethong on his tour of the various settlement. We have Mr. Kelsang who has been a close personal friend of TNT la for a long number of years and volunteered to accompany TNT la when he was making plans to visit the settlements.

Let me also introduce myself. My name is Lobsang Gyatso and I live in Dharamsala and work in the field of computer security and web development mostly as a freelancer. I am an alumnus of TCV School where my parents have worked for the last 30 odd years and continue to do. I am indeed grateful and honored to have the opportunity to travel with Tenzin Namgyal Tethong la and to be representing Youth for TNT.
The first part of the campaign trail would take Tenzin Namgyal Tethong la to Khador Gang Sum and we started our journey from Mughalsarai through the North East Express leaving MughalSarai at 6:30pm and arriving the next morning at 8:30 am.
The scheduling for the Tour to Khador Gang Sum was something like trying to piece together a jigsaw puzzle. The earlier schedule which has been planned weeks before was that 14th Darjeeling, 15th Kalimpong, 16th Ravangla and finally on the 17th Gangtok.
As people living in the area already know, the GJM called a strike from the 12th to the 15th in all Gorkhaland Areas. Read this news article for more information
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/gjm-hails-srikrishna-report-77589
So the whole schedule had to be arranged and rearranged and much much more. Will write more in my next post in regards to this.




(TNT la and myself waiting on Platform 2 where as the train arrived on Platform 1)
As most of you who have had the pleasure to travel in North India in winter would probably know what I am talking about when I say nothing ever keeps to a schedule that you plan out for. And keeping to its tradition, the train that was supposed to arrive at 6:30pm arrived around 5 hours late at 11:45pm. And to top it all, it was supposed to arrive on platform 2 and at the very last moment, there was an announcement that the train was waiting on platform 1 and we almost missed our train after a 5 hour delay. At least we made it and now we are now on our way to Khador Gang Sum.